Red Deer and Red Deer County residents interested in local heritage are invited to attend the 2016 Heritage Recognition Awards on Friday, Oct. 21st.
Established in 2002 by the Heritage Preservation Committee, the Heritage Recognition Awards recognize outstanding efforts in heritage preservation, education, and awareness in Red Deer and Red Deer County. There are six award nominees in three categories for 2016, including:
– The Danish Canadian Museum, nominated under Category 1: Built and Natural Heritage Conservation, Protection and Preservation.
– The Stephan G. Stephansson Icelandic Society, nominated under Category 2: Heritage Advocacy, Education and Awareness.
– The Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery for ‘Remarkable Red Deer: Stories from the Heart of the Parkland’, nominated under Category 2: Heritage Advocacy, Education and Awareness.
– Red Deer Public Library for ‘More Than Cobwebs and Dust’, nominated under Category 2: Heritage Advocacy, Education and Awareness.
– Bernice Andersen, nominated under Category 4: Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Hepburn, nominated under Category 4: Lifetime Achievement Award.
The awards ceremony will be held at Red Deer County Council Chambers, 38106 Range Road 275, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. followed by light refreshments. The event is free and members of the public are encouraged to attend.
For more information, visit www.reddeer.ca/heritage.